After receiving requests from several industry partners, the ASCRS Executive Council has approved a new policy of selling exclusive sponsored e-blasts to our industry partners and Annual Meeting exhibitors.
The new policy is similar to those offered by other professional societies and will generate additional revenue for ASCRS. Here is how the new policy will work:
- ASCRS will accept applications from companies interested in using the ASCRS e-mail forwarding service for a specified fee per message. This service would be limited to sponsors or Annual Meeting exhibitors.
- Submitted applications will be forwarded to the ASCRS President-Elect to ensure there are no concerns with the content of the ad and to facilitate the process without unnecessary delays.
- The ASCRS name and/or logo may not be used or appear anywhere within the ad (except for something like “see us at the 2014 ASCRS Annual Meeting”).
- Only two e-blasts will be executed each month on the first and third Monday of every month. The e-blast will be sent on the assigned date to all Society members, excluding those who opt out of the service.
- The sender’s “from” address will be listed as: “ASCRS Forwarded Promotional Message.”
- The copy in the “subject” line will be provided by the sponsoring company.
- The top of the ad may feature a line of copy inserted by ASCRS staff which reads: “Promotional Ad,” and the bottom of the ad will include copy which reads: “The content and views expressed herein are those of the sponsor and not of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.”
- ASCRS staff will track the “open” and “click through” results and provide the sponsor with an analysis 7-10 days after the ad is sent. The analysis would include the “open rate”, and “click rates” on links and “bounce backs.”
- If an ASCRS member elects to un-subscribe/opt out, they will be removed from the list and will no longer receive future “ASCRS Forwarded Promotional Ads.”