Society members in cities across the country are encouraged to get involved with a series of upcoming local 5K races designed to generate awareness of colorectal cancer.
ASCRS, a national sponsor of the Undy 5000 series of races, seeks volunteers to help coordinate local events, organize fundraising efforts, and/or participate in races in their communities.
Upcoming races will be held in Philadelphia (9/11), Washington, DC (10/3), Columbus, OH (10/10), Cincinnati (10/24), Dallas and Phoenix (10/30), and Atlanta (11/3).
“Member support for individual events has been a critical part of our success these past few years, but we need your help to make future races even more successful,” explains Dr. Elizabeth McConnell, Phoenix, AZ.
Suggested volunteer activities for members may include:
- Reaching out to local community sponsors for in-kind donations;
- Recruiting participants;
- Displaying promotional materials in office waiting rooms;
- Staffing event registration tables;
- Organizing a group of volunteers to distribute water;
- Assisting with crowd control.
For more information on the Undy 5000, visit www.Undy5000.org.